Please help

Thread: Please help

Default Please help

Hi,<BR><BR>I get the following error,<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e10&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. <BR><BR>/add/up/updatemp.asp, line 29 <BR><BR>but my coding seems to be fine,<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039Declare all local variables<BR>dim conn<BR>dim rs<BR>dim strconn<BR>dim strsql<BR><BR>strsql = ""<BR>&#039set connection string to local variable<BR>strconn = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("PersonalDB.mdb")<BR>set conn = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>conn.op en strconn<BR>&#039Use the execute method of the connection object the insert the record<BR>&#039build the sql statement based on the input from the form<BR>For x = 1 to 2<BR>strSQL = "UPDATE Employee " & _<BR> "SET Employee.EmpNumber = &#039" & request("EmpNumber" & x) & "&#039, " & _<BR> "Employee.Surname = &#039" & request("Surname" & x) & "&#039, " & _<BR> "Employee.FirstName = &#039" & request("FirstName" & x) & "&#039 " & _<BR> "WHERE (((" & x & "))" <BR>conn.execute(strSQL)<BR>Next<BR>conn.close<BR> set conn = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;% = "Your record has been added" %&#062;<BR>

Renea Finlay Guest

Default RE: Please help

Just assisted a guy yesterday with this same problem. Send me your email address and I will email you an article that should help you with your problem:<BR><BR><BR><BR>

al dawg Guest

Default RE: Please help

I take it your form has six fields, three of which are almost exact duplicates of the first three with just a different number at the end?<BR><BR>You may want to try requesting the form elements into variables first, and making 2 distinct SQL update commands just to make sure all the variables are coming through right.