I need Help installing an ASP application.

Thread: I need Help installing an ASP application.

Vipul Desai Guest

Default I need Help installing an ASP application.

I have programmed all of my ASP pages and am ready to put my ASP application on a corporate intra-net. The problem is that when I open up one of the ASP files within Internet Explorer, I get the Visual Inter Dev Environment with all of the code. <BR><BR>I program with Visual InterDev but why am I not seeing my application as I was when I was right clicking on my mouse and Viewing my page within a browser.<BR><BR>Can some one please help.<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Vipul <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>

Keith Fowler Guest

Default RE: I need Help installing an ASP application.

It is quite apparent that you have not been doing this too long. Nonetheless, we are here to help guide you in the right direction. ASP pages can only be viewed in your browser when they are run on a server. You must have your pages within its own virtual directory on the server. Then you can type the URL in the address line and wallah! Of course, you will need to run them on IIS. If you would like to have a pre-production server at low cost, try installing Personal Web Server from Microsoft. The PWS will run your pages and you can then work out all the bugs prior to placing them on the Production Server.<BR>

Vipul Desai Guest

Keith,<BR><BR>I have been using PWS on my machine as a developer. I know how to set up the application on my machine and it works properly. But now, I have to learn how to put it on a Production machine which runs IIS. The problem is that this machine is in an other location within the company and know one really knows ASP technology there. The question I have, is that do I simply have to set up a file on the IIS server just like I do on my machine using PWS. <BR><BR>I really appreciate your help.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Vipul<BR><BR>

Vipul Desai Guest

Keith,<BR><BR>I have been using PWS on my machine as a developer. I know how to set up the application on my machine and it works properly. But now, I have to learn how to put it on a Production machine which runs IIS. The problem is that this machine is in an other location within the company and know one really knows ASP technology there. The question I have, is that do I simply have to set up a file on the IIS server just like I do on my machine using PWS. <BR><BR>I really appreciate your help.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Vipul<BR><BR>