asp error 񟏮', what is it, what does it

Thread: asp error 񟏮', what is it, what does it

callisto Guest

Default asp error 񟏮', what is it, what does it

I get this error:<BR> Active Server Pages error &#039ASP 0126&#039 <BR>Include file not found <BR>tester.asp, line 44 <BR>The include file &#039_fpclass/ was not found. <BR><BR>everytime I try to load a page usign a database. The page works fine though if I am just tryign a simple asp statement, so I know it is the database problem. I am also using frontpage, so i think that is where the "fp" in the error message&#039s "fpclass" comes from, and the "fpdb" stands for frontpage database I think, but I have no idea how to fix the error. Please anyone help, I am stuck and cant&#039 do anything until i figure out how to fix this. Thank you.<BR>

Default RE: asp error ?', what is it, what does it

The include file refered to is part of the FrontPage server extensions. Are you actually using the FP web Publishing Wizard to publish your files? If not it won&#039t work because FP (being the horrible, useless pile of ordure that it is) has to rewrite the code as part of the publishing process so that the references actually work (sometimes...). Also make sure that the latest version of the FP extensions are installed on your server correctly.<BR><BR>Personally, I&#039d advise you to learn how to code it yourself rather than rely on FP to do it for you, because FP is so bad that I&#039d have to describe it as malicicious code...<BR><BR>Dunc