Thread: ADODB.Connection

sigalit Guest

Default ADODB.Connection

can anyone help me?<BR>i got that on my browser<BR><BR>"ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. "<BR><BR>what thus it mean?<BR><BR><BR>

J.Clark Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Connection

What are you trying to connect to? An access database? oracle?<BR><BR>Please provide the code so that I can explain what to do.

sigalit Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Connection

it is access database<BR><BR>set c =server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR>c.Open ("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:Inetpubwwwroot echwebdb1.mdb")<BR><BR>set rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>rs.activ econnection=c<BR>

Default Include the OLEDB provider string

The connection string should include the OLE DB Provider for Microsoft Jet, try this:<BR><BR>strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=somepathmydb.mdb;" & _ <BR> "User Id=admin;Password=;"<BR><BR>set c = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> strConn <BR><BR>If u use the ODBC Driver for Access then the connection string should change to <BR><BR>strConn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _ <BR> "Dbq=somepathmydb.mdb;" & _<BR> "Uid=Admin;Pwd=;"<BR><BR>Hope this helps!

sigalit Guest

Default RE: Include the OLEDB provider string

i try and try, but nothing change.<BR><BR>amyway thanks for your help