Thread: Com/DCOM

Default Com/DCOM

Hi All,<BR><BR>In my current application Web server and MTS Server resides on the same machine so when I need to create a COM object on my asp page so I just say server.createobject everything works fine. Out of curosity I just want to find out one thing say tomorrow if MTS is moved to a different machine so how I will be able to refer to com object because if I try to use the same syntax i.e. Server.CreateObject If I am not wrong I will get an error because MTS is not on the same machine so I think I have to USE DCOM for that but I don&#039t know how to do it. Can someone help me with that?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Anil

rain Guest

Default RE: Com/DCOM

hi .. all you need to do is to export the package ie your MTS package to the machine on which your IIS resides .... the exported package will include an exe which will have to be executed ... this exe does all the registrations necessary fro you to access your components.... and make sure that you set the activation property of your MTS package to Server... Hope this helps you

Default RE: Com/DCOM----thanks

thanks a lot.