ActiveX component can't create object

Thread: ActiveX component can't create object

AlexiGen Guest

Default ActiveX component can't create object

&nbsp;<BR>System: Windows NT 4.0 with SP3 running IIS 4.0 and SQL Server 6.5 among other applications. IIS 4.0 installation was successful as other Non ASP Web sites are up and running. After installing the ASP related components - loaded IE4 with the ASP roadmap. Navigated to the examples/samples - always ended up with a flavour of the following error:<BR>[Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR> ActiveX component can&#039t create object <BR> /AdvWorks/equipment/catalog_type.asp, line 17 <BR>].<BR>Anything that I missed out on while installing / configuring ?<BR>Thanks in Advance<BR>AlexiGen

Default RE: ActiveX component can't create object

Try loading Service Pack 4 and then IIS 4.0. This should fix some of your problems.

AlexiGen Guest

Default RE: ActiveX component can't create object

Thanks for the suggestion Bob. <BR>Initially that was the configuration of my machine (NT 4.0 + SP4 + IIS 4.0 + SQL Server 6.5 + etc..). On Installing NT Option Pack - there was a message box which said that it had not been tested on SP4. I ignored the message and went ahead with the installation. A lot of things that were working properly initally went haywire - which is why I reverted back to SP3 (From scratch - NT4.0 + SP3.0 + IIS 4.0 + etc..).<BR>Let me know if there is anything else that can be done.<BR>Thank You.