Save As... dialog box, how do I open it up? is it

Thread: Save As... dialog box, how do I open it up? is it

Patty Guest

Default Save As... dialog box, how do I open it up? is it

I would like to know if there is a way to open up the common "Save As..." dialog box through ASP. Instead of going to the menu, choosing File-&#062;Save As... I would like to open up that same dialog box through a link or a simple submit button.<BR><BR>Is this possible? If yes, how.<BR>Thank you in advance for any information.

Default This may work only with vbscript

Here&#039s one way...<BR><BR>&#060;BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- Common Dialog --&#062;<BR>&#060;object classid="clsid:F9043C85-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB" id="cdlg1"&#062;&#060;/object&#062;<BR><BR>Then, you have to open it with client side script<BR>(and I don&#039t know how to do it with JScript; we use strictly IE)<BR>&#060;Script Language = vbscript&#062;<BR><BR>Sub Save_OnClick<BR>cdlg1.showsave<BR>outputfilename = cdlg1.Filename<BR><BR>etc<BR>end sub<BR><BR>&#060;/Script&#062;<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Save As... dialog box, how do I open it up? is

I&#039m sure Derek&#039s response works if you&#039re on an Intranet, since he&#039s going to give you the required objects if need be (Since I&#039m also sure he got it to work).<BR><BR>However, on the Internet, no go. It&#039s MY preference to see if a file should be prompted for download or not, depending on file type (ever get the dialog box Save As and you have the "ALways prompt for this file type" check box? That&#039s how you customize it). So trying to guess what every user in the world has, you may have to look for another answer.

Default Thanks for the clarification, Steve

It&#039s so easy to forget that not everybody has the VB runtimes installed.

Patty Guest

Default Just doesn't work...what else is there?

I&#039ve tried the code you mentioned Derek, as it was written in an article on 4Gys, but it just does not work.<BR><BR>So, what are my solutions? anyone knows how could this work? I am planning to use it through the Internet and not the Intranet.<BR><BR>Anyone out there knows how it is done? If it is done?<BR>Thanks again.