compare text

Thread: compare text

MAO Guest

Default compare text

how i can set asp to be non case sensitive in the compare text procedures ?<BR><BR>Thanks a lot<BR><BR>Maurizio <BR>Italy

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: compare text

In the 2 strings that you want to compare, convert them to UCase.<BR>If Ucase(str1) = UCase(str2) Then<BR>dowhatever<BR>Else<BR>dowhatever<BR>End if<BR><BR>I hope this helps.<BR><BR>Respectfully<BR>Jason<BR>webmaster@w wnj.com

mao Guest

Default Thankyou jason but ...

thank you for the answare, i be sure this is a good solution, but i try to find a way for set asp in the case insensitive mode for avoid to change the web pages, maybe is possible to do this .... <BR>Thank again to all <BR>Maurizio ( Milan , Italy )

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Thankyou jason but ...

Sorry that I didn&#039t give you the full answer that you were looking for.<BR><BR>Here is a link to msdn.microsoft.scripting which provides the answer you are looking for.<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vsfctStrComp.htm<BR><BR>I hope that this is the information you are looking for, otherwise I will feel pretty dumb. Giving you two wrong answers in one day.<BR><BR>Dim MyStr1, MyStr2, MyComp<BR>MyStr1 = "ABCD": MyStr2 = "abcd" &#039 Define variables.<BR>MyComp = StrComp(MyStr1, MyStr2, 1) &#039 Returns 0. &#039equal<BR>MyComp = StrComp(MyStr1, MyStr2, 0) &#039 Returns -1. &#039 less than <BR>MyComp = StrComp(MyStr2, MyStr1) &#039 Returns 1. &#039 gr8tr than<BR><BR>Please let me know.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason<BR>webmast er@wnj.com

Lien Guest

Default RE: compare text

I know my response kind of late, however, I post it anyway just in case somebody else need it. <BR><BR>if (strcomp(str1, str2, 1)) = 0 then &#039meaning "abc"="ABC"<BR> do something<BR>else<BR> do something<BR>end if<BR><BR>Hope this help<BR><BR>Lien<BR><BR>