Hi,<BR><BR>Please could someone offer some advice on the problem that I&#039m having when I try to update a field in my database. I receive the error message;<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e21&#039 <BR><BR>Errors occurred <BR><BR>/forum/newmsg.asp, line 178 <BR><BR>this points to the following line of code;<BR><BR>if user_cookie &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> <BR> if d_name = "" then<BR> namesql = "UPDATE users SET name=? WHERE user_id=" & d_user_id<BR> cmdTemp.CommandText = namesql<BR> Set objParam=cmdTemp.CreateParameter(, 200, , 255, ""&c_name)<BR> cmdTemp.Parameters.Append objParam<BR> rs.Open cmdTemp, , 3, 1 &#039This is line 178<BR> end if<BR> <BR> end if<BR><BR>I know that I&#039m using the right field name and I also know that d_user_id has a value. I have previously in the same script used rs to select some stuff from the database and I&#039ve closed it so I can&#039t see any problem there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dan. (dan@boardsnbikes.co.uk)