ASP linking question

Thread: ASP linking question

Nung Guest

Default ASP linking question

Hi, I have write 1 asp code connecting to ACCESS database and it&#039s perfectly show the result. But what if I want to click that certain databases name, for example, name of the street, and link or show the result in another ASP code, how can I do that?<BR><BR>My database is an addresses data, so I would like to click one of them and it will show the result in mapping form by MapInfo software.<BR><BR>Any ideas how I can do that?<BR><BR>thanks

ozKen Guest

Default RE: ASP linking question

When you display the results the first time, you can create them as links and using a QueryString, you can pass this data onto another page. Here&#039s an example:<BR>&#060;%<BR>.... SQL goes here ....<BR>strSuburb = RS("Suburb")<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;A HREF="ShowMap.asp?SuburbName="&#060;%=strSuburb%&# 062;"&#062;&#060;=%strSuburb%&#062;&#060;/A&#062;<BR>----------------<BR>This is assuming ShowMap will show the map of the suburb and in ShowMap.asp, you&#039ll need to reference the suburb name using Request.QueryString("SuburbName"). This code is very brief, but I hope you get the idea. If you need more details, let me know.

Nung Guest

Default RE: ASP linking question

Really appreciated your response osKen, but I&#039m quite new in ASP and trying to develope some program to use Access 97 street name and when you click at that it will go and calculate and show on the next ASP map page.....If possible, could you please guide me through all the steps that I should go......will be greatly thanksful<BR><BR>appreciated