Thread: netscape..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cryogen Guest

Default netscape..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

any idea why this querystring would return a 400 bad request?????<BR>i&#039m sending this string:<BR>&#060;a href="frames.asp?pid=&#060;%=rs("itemgroupid")%&#0 62;&prod=&#060;%=Server.URLencode(rs("group"))%&#0 62;" target=basefrm&#062;<BR>this works in IE fine. <BR> The problem is that all the "group" with only 1 word werks, two words, ie Hard Drive, returns a bad request. Is there another parameter i must add to make it see the urlencoding? or is netscape just being a ^&*^%^&*& ;-)<BR>thks <BR>cryogen.

Default It initially looks good...

An easy way to test it is run the script, and then view the source(Netscape). Then, run it in IE, and cut and past the URL that works (in IE) and compare it with the URL that doesn&#039t in Netscape.<BR><BR>Hopefully this will point it out.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry

cryogen Guest

Default RE: It initially looks good...

hrm...well..<BR>under ns the url is <BR>&#060;a href="frames.asp?pid=IO&prod=IO+Cards" target=basefrm&#062;<BR>but it still wont see it. Bad request.<BR>in ie there is no issue, i dont even have to do the urlencoding in ie!<BR>i tried doing a replace(querystring("**")"+","%20") on the error generating page, but it still gives me malformed request!<BR>HELP!<BR>grrrrr<BR>cryogen<BR><BR>