Default TEXTAREA

Scenario:<BR>I am using a text area to display data retrieved from the database. This data is editable and the user is allowed to submit the data back to the database.<BR><BR>Problem: <BR>When the data is first retrieved from the database it is displayed in a center aligned format. When the edited data is saved back to the database it is stored with leading and trailing spaces. <BR><BR>Question:<BR>1. How can I Align the text in the textarea to make it left aligned?<BR><BR>2. How can I get rid of the leading and trailing spaces?<BR>I am using the trim Function but this problem persists and that field in the database is populated with leading and trailing spaces along with the edited data.<BR><BR>I sincerely appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks in advance.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: TEXTAREA

I do the same thing and don&#039t have this problem - this is how i display in the textarea <BR><BR> &#060;textarea name="Notes" value="" rows="5" cols="64"&#062;&#060;%=notes1%&#062;&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR><BR>may be you have an ALign tag in here or something - anyway this works for me ;)

Default non editable input

&nbsp;<BR>How do you turn an editable input to an non editable input?

Alay Guest

Default RE: non editable input

Simply say &#060;input&#062;.disabled = True