Access97-based ASP doesn't work in Netscape?

Thread: Access97-based ASP doesn't work in Netscape?

Elaine Pack Guest

Default Access97-based ASP doesn't work in Netscape?

I have a small Access 97 database, nothing fancy, and I created a simple ASP page to query it. The page has a dropdown box containing state names, along with another simple text box to query on country names entered by the viewer.<BR><BR>The problem is that the dropbox works just fine in IE, but it isn&#039t even VISIBLE in Netscape on the server! However, I copied the file to another server and it works fine there in Netscape! The simple text box shows up just fine in both browsers. <BR><BR>*Obviously* there is something different between the two servers, but I&#039ll be durned if I know what it is.<BR><BR>The server that doesn&#039t show the field is, I understand, an IIS 5.0 server:<BR><BR> (Does not show the state search box)<BR><BR>The server that works fine is an IIS 3.0 server at:<BR><BR> (Shows the state search box correctly (bg image file not copied here, that&#039s fine).<BR><BR>Clearly one difference is the server version level, and I have asked the ewebcity folks to look into why the same file doesn&#039t work the same in the exact same browser but on two unrelated servers, but so far I haven&#039t heard from them. I wonder if there&#039s something they need to turn on to enable certain features?? Has anyone else experienced something like this?<BR><BR>TIA<BR>

elaine pack Guest

Default RE: Access97-based ASP doesn't work in Netscap

Oh gosh! I lied :( Too many late nights I guess :( It&#039s NOT the actual ASP page that performs the search that&#039s failing, obviously, it&#039s the preliminary search HTML page. Sorry! I guess it doesn&#039t belong here after all, durn it!<BR><BR>Nevertheless, has anyone seen this happen before?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>