SourceSafe password?

Thread: SourceSafe password?

Barry Guest

Default SourceSafe password?

We lost the Admin password to our SourceSafe installation so we had a user go in and pull everything out. Then we uninstalled SourceSafe and then Re-installed. Still can&#039t figure out what the Admin password is. Could it be the password from the prevoious install? Any hints are appreciated!<BR>

sm549 Guest

Default RE: SourceSafe password?

Did you try no password? This is usually the default for admin on a fresh install.<BR><BR>Views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Shedao Shai Guest

Default Microchips in my fingertips

Views expressed are actually coming from a microchip inside my fingertips.<BR><BR>"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you&#039ll<BR>look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy."<BR>-Jack Handey<BR>

Barry Guest

Default Yes tried that. BTW this is SS Admin app

Shedao Shai Guest

Default Answer - not pretty

Oh in that case:<BR>"I hope life isn&#039t a big joke, because I don&#039t get it."<BR>-Jack Handey<BR><BR>But I guess I am forced to answer this instead of making funny haha:<BR><BR>how to restore admin password in VSS:<BR><BR><BR><BR>BUT before you go there, remember MS can be difficult and you might not like the answer this gives you. (Contact MS support)<BR>