Error Processing URL - CDONTS

Thread: Error Processing URL - CDONTS

ChrisH Guest

Default Error Processing URL - CDONTS

I&#039m trying to send an e-mail using CDONTS, but I keep getting this error message:<BR><BR>"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."<BR><BR>My code is:<BR><BR> &#039Send an e-mail to tell someone that the user has just registered<BR> Dim objCDO<BR> set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> objCDO.To = ""<BR> objCDO.From = ""<BR> Dim txtSubject<BR> txtSubject = "New user added"<BR> objCDO.Subject = "FP FORUM - New user registered"<BR> objCDO.Body = txtSubject<BR> objCDO.Send<BR> response.write("sent")<BR> set objCDO = nothing<BR><BR>I&#039ve filled the code with "Response.write"&#039s, and know that it&#039s reaching the line immediately before it sends the e-mail... it seems to be the "send" line that&#039s making it keel over...<BR><BR>I&#039m using the most up to date version of IIS (we updated it last week). As far as I can see, this is the correct way to use CDONTS, but if anyone can see something I&#039ve missed I&#039d be glad to hear about it!<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>Chris<BR><BR>

Default RE: Error Processing URL - CDONTS

Hello..<BR>I feel it is absolutely right..<BR>I have worked with it...It takes some time to get the mail..<BR>am I answered ur question?<BR><BR>Ita stupid answer...

ChrisH Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>The e-mail isn&#039t being sent at all - the server is throwing this error when it tries to send it. I&#039ve spoken to the server administrator, and he assures me that CDO is installed - since they&#039re using it to interface with Exchange on the same server.

Suresh Guest

Hello<BR>In order CDO NTS to work,SMTP should be installed on IIS..<BR>Just check it...I have worked with it,

ChrisH Guest

Hi,<BR><BR>OK, I&#039ll get the administrator to check that when he comes in. Thanks.

ChrisH Guest

Spoke to the admin guy, and he says that the IIS SMTP component is not installed - because he already has Exchange running on that server and doesn&#039t want to put another SMTP server on it.<BR><BR>But, we do have the CDO and Exchange - has anyone got any jewels of knowledge as to how I can send e-mail using them?<BR><BR>Chris<BR><BR>