Local Include File

Thread: Local Include File

Default Local Include File

Hello. I am new to ASP and I was looking for a low-tech method of allowing certain people to an FTP site thru a browser.<BR><BR>My solution was to have users place an include file on their local PC with a name and password, and plug that information in to the URL (ftp://username:password@999.999.999.999/).<BR><BR>However, I am not able to sucessfully locate the file on the user PC thru the use of an include statement:<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include file="file:///C&#124/chris/userid.inc"--&#062;<BR><BR>This yields the following:<BR><BR>Active Server Pages error &#039ASP 0126&#039 <BR><BR>Include file not found <BR><BR>/download.asp, line 19 <BR><BR>The include file &#039c:chrisuserid.inc&#039 was not found.<BR><BR>Is it not possible to have an include file on a local PC? Do you have any other quick solutions for this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks a lot!<BR><BR>Chris<BR><BR>PS- Please e-mail me at chrish040642@hotmail.com (note the &#0390&#039 are all zeroes)

SamJ Guest

Default RE: Local Include File

I certainly HOPE it is not possible to grab files off a users PC!!! Imagine the chaos if people really did have the power to do that!