DB.asp

Thread: DB.asp

Ameur Guest

Default DB.asp

Do you have an idea about this erreo:<BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR>thanks

Ian Stallings Guest

Default RE: DB.asp

I&#039ve came across this error when I was trying to enter<BR>the wrong data type into a field. For instance, you<BR>cannot enter a string into a interger field. There are different<BR>rules for different data types. What type of field are <BR>you entering data into?

Ameur Guest

Hi Lan this is My code please correct me.<BR>thanks.<BR>&#060;% &#039validate input<BR>Sales_ID = Request.Form("Sales_ID")<BR>if Not IsNumeric(Sales_ID) Then<BR> str = Server.URLEncode("Enter a valid Sales_ID")<BR> Response.Redirect ("Response.asp?message= " & Sales_ID)<BR> End if<BR> &#039Open database connection<BR>set connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>connect ion.Open "Ameur"<BR><BR>&#039Check for valid Sales_ID<BR>sql="SELECT * FROM UserTbl " & _<BR>"WHERE (Sales_ID= " & _<BR>Sales_ID & _<BR>")"<BR>Set recordset=connection.Excute(sql)<BR>If recordset.EOF Then<BR>str= Server.URLEncode("Not a valid ID")<BR>Response.Redirect("Response.asp? message= " & str)<BR>end If<BR><BR>&#037;&#062;

here try this instead:<BR><BR>sql="SELECT * FROM UserTbl " & _<BR>"WHERE Sales_ID=" & Sales_ID<BR><BR>minor changes but it should work if the data<BR>type is specified as interger.

Ameur Guest

Hi Lan It didn&#039t work.<BR>When I&#039m trying to do is .<BR>1.create a page where any user enter tere using an Id as scocial security number, this Id must be checked against a database if it exists then I have to display a table of information that exists in the db and those numbers should be linked I mean when you click in one you get the deatail info.<BR>2.make a cookie that stores the info.<BR>If you can help.<BR><BR>