Email not going through

Thread: Email not going through

Default Email not going through

I hope this is an easy one. The following code is the entirety of my sendmail.asp file. It is telling me that the message is sent successfully, but the mail never goes through. <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set smtp = Server.CreateObject("Bamboo.SMTP")<BR>&#039 You only need to change the smtp.Rcpt ans smpt.from part to your email address<BR>smtp.Server = ""<BR>smtp.Rcpt = ""<BR>smtp.From = Request.Form("realname")<BR>smtp.FromName = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>smtp.Su bject = "submission from " & Request.Form("realname")<BR>For Each x In Request.Form<BR> message=message & x & ": " & Request.Form(x) & CHR(10)<BR>Next<BR>smtp.Message = message<BR>on error resume next<BR>if err then<BR> response.Write err.Description <BR>else<BR> response.Write "message sent successfully"<BR>end if<BR>smtp.Send<BR>set smtp = Nothing<BR>%&#062;

jason Guest

Default RE: Email not going through

on error resume next<BR>if err then<BR>response.Write err.Description <BR>else<BR>response.Write "message sent successfully"<BR>end if<BR><BR>it appears the above code is pretty useless, since you&#039re turning off error handling. take the on error resume next away and you may get a pointer as to what&#039s going on. does this particular component return a value from send() which you can use to determine success or failure?<BR><BR>jason