2 Beginner's Questions About creating SQL/Acce

Thread: 2 Beginner's Questions About creating SQL/Acce

Stephen Sutherland Guest

Default 2 Beginner's Questions About creating SQL/Acce

Hello Gents,<BR>I have 3 beginner&#039s questions. I have a web hosting company that provides Access & SQL 7.0 database services.<BR><BR>QUESTION#1: How would I put an Access or SQL Database (including Tables) onto the remote web server ? <BR>----Do I create the access database and tables on my computer and then upload it to the server ? OR Do I create the database on the web server in a remotely using scripts if so what kind of scripting would I use to get it there ?-------<BR><BR>QUESTION#2: I understand I would need the administrator to configure the DSN Name & Source for me at the remote server. However, If I access the database through OLEDB do I still have to get the administrator involved in configuring the server for the new Access or SQL database?<BR><BR>QUESTION#3: Let&#039s pretend I already have an Access Database and I decide to switch over to SQL ? is it a simple process to export all the table information into the SQL tables?<BR><BR>Sincerely Yours,<BR>Stephen S.

Stephen Fisher Guest

Default RE: 2 Beginner's Questions About creating SQL/

Best bet is to ask all these questions to the hosting provider. THe easy way out is Access which doesn&#039t need a DSN and can be FTP&#039d there.

Stephen Sutherland Guest

Default RE: 2 Beginner's Questions About creating SQL/

Thank you for the response.<BR>I was told that SQL database can be created with the SQL Client or VisualInterDev. I was told that ASP can be FTP&#039d there. I was just curious because i was playing with ASP only through PWS. Okay thanks for the response. I&#039ll redirect all these questions to the hosting company