Refreshing Global.asa files.........

Thread: Refreshing Global.asa files.........

Tony Guest

Default Refreshing Global.asa files.........

I&#039m using a global.asa file to hold session varibles but when I make changes the browser just seems to look at the old file and the changes are not taken into account. ASP and HTML files reload as normal. I&#039ve cleared the cache and still it happens - The only thing that works seems to be restarting my PC. I&#039m using PWS and IE5 - any ideas? please.....

jason Guest

Default RE: Refreshing Global.asa files.........

the idea of global.asa is that it holds application settings. therefore it only refreshes when the application starts i.e. you restart (on win9x PWS) or unload the application you&#039re working on (NT PWS and IIS4.0). or you can close your browser down, go away for a coffee for an hour, and come back when all pending sessions have timed out, which also restarts the application<BR><BR>which platform are you on? if you&#039re on NT PWS, you should go into internet service manager and enable &#039run in separate process&#039 in the application settings, and then you can just unload the application without restarting the machine<BR><BR>jason