Cookies ON or OFF?

Thread: Cookies ON or OFF?

Default Cookies ON or OFF?

I need some help writing a script that that detects if the user&#039s cookies are disabled and will send him or her to a page informing them that they have cookies disabled and must enable them before continuing in the site. I have seen pages that do this but cannot figure the code. Any help here??

Ran Guest

Default RE: Cookies ON or OFF?

Hi,<BR><BR>You can use a utility like BrowserHawk:<BR><BR>Using BrowserHawk you can find the browser cookie state.<BR><BR>If you need your own script, one way I can think of is a script which writes a cookie to a user&#039s computer, and then checks to see if the cookie writing was successful or not, and act upon this check.<BR><BR>Ran.

Default RE: Cookies ON or OFF?

Just do this before the &#060;html&#062; tag<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>response.cookies("Cookietest ")("Enabled")<BR>if request.cookies("Cookietest").HasKeys then<BR> &#039all is ok<BR> else<BR> response.redirect("error.asp")<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>with error.asp being a page saying &#039cookies disabled&#039 or whatever you want. If they have cookies enabled, just type normally &#039cookies enabled&#039 because they&#039d need a cookie or would be redirected.