ADODB error "Not supported by provider"

Thread: ADODB error "Not supported by provider"

Nurice Guest

Default ADODB error "Not supported by provider"

Hi, I&#039m trying to make an include file to check to see if the person has a cookie, and if so, complete the page and declare the user active in my database, and if not, redirect to a login page. Everything works fine except for an error that is being constantly returned following this line;<BR><BR> Dim strYes<BR> strYes = "SELECT * FROM ID WHERE Name = &#039" & strName & "&#039;"<BR> objRec.Open strYes, objConn<BR><BR>*---&#062; objRec("Active") = Yes<BR> objRec.Update<BR> <BR>The error being returned is as such-<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/hogwarts/cookie.asp, line 21 <BR><BR><BR>I am curious to how to fix it and what I have done wrong?!?<BR>Thank you in advance to anyone who&#039s even reading this and to those who will help me out- I really appreciate it!<BR>-Nurice<BR>

Shawn Moon Guest

Default RE: ADODB error

A couple of things to check. In script you general have to be specifc on what property you want to change. Try using:<BR> objRec("Active").value="Yes"<BR><BR>Also check the recordset cursor type and make sure it is set to adOpenDynamic. It may be a read-only recordset. Good Luck.<BR> --Shawn<BR>

Nurice Guest

Default RE: ADODB error

In a roundabout way, you answered my question and solved my problem, thank you for your answer, I appreciate it!<BR>-Nurice