80004005 error

Thread: 80004005 error

CoolerASP Guest

Default 80004005 error

I occasionally get the below error while running the ASP application. I contacted the web hosting company, they answered that it&#039s possible because MS Access cannot handle 255 users on the same server. Correct me if I am wrong, it&#039s 255 concurrent users on the same database, not the same server, right? I know for sure that there could only be maximum of 10 users accessing to the MS Access database at any given time on my website. What other possibilities regarding this error message? Thanks.<BR><BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database &#039(unknown)&#039. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>/wwwmb/content/wbcommon.asp, line 84"

Default RE: 80004005 error

Some times a db gets corrupted. I&#039ve seen this happen from failed ftp&#039s and copies over the network. Since your using ODBC, go to your ODBC control panel on your server. Open up the DSN for this specific database. There is a place where you can "fix" the database.<BR><BR>Brian

CoolerASP Guest

Default RE: 80004005 error

Thanks, Brian,<BR><BR>That&#039s what I thought, too. However, it&#039s not the case since I tried to download the db several times and fixed. The curious thing is that sometimes I get this error message, but if I come back 5 or 10 minutes later, the error message disappears. Which means this problem is on and off on its own, I can&#039t fix it.