Help with printing a table

Thread: Help with printing a table

Default Help with printing a table

I have a table which displays a bunch of codes and names depending on an id. If there are a lot of records for a selected id, the table is very big/long. This page is printable by the user. The problem is, when the printing continues to another page, it cuts between some of the names. I have an idea of how to approach this but, I would like some help. My idea is to count the amount of rows which will be returned then, if there are 10+ records, there would be a "next link" which will print the next 10 and so forth. In this case, the heading would appear on each page. How do I do this???????????

Default RE: Help with printing a table

They here. I use this quite often. I did have to tweak it a bit for my needs, but it gives you the fundamentals.<BR>http://www.takempis.com/nextten.asp<BR>

Default RE: Help with printing a table

One thing I noticed when printing tables, is as long as none of the text in the table wraps to a second line, then it doesn&#039t cut a row in half on two pages. I wrote this app a year ago, and haven&#039t played with it much since, but see if you play with the fields to get them to fit on one line each when printed (doesn&#039t matter what the screen shows.) Good luck!