Updating Records

Thread: Updating Records

Slowbob Guest

Default Updating Records

Hey people,<BR><BR>I am sure most of you will have come across the below message when updating records in a database, even if you can&#039t tell me how to fix it, can you throw any light on what sometimes causes this message? Its driving me nuts: thanks guys.<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR>

Default RE: Updating Records

I think it has to do something with cursor and lock types (the way you open your tables)..<BR><BR>&#039-- Cursor Type, Lock Type <BR><BR>&#039-- ForwardOnly 0 - ReadOnly 1<BR>&#039-- KeySet 1 - Pessimistic 2<BR>&#039-- Dynamic 2 - Optimistic 3<BR>&#039-- Static 3 - BatchOptimistic 4 <BR><BR>Hope this helps

Default DO NOT CROSSPOST..see ASP forum

You cause people to take the time to give you answers in both forums, because they have no idea the question has been answered in the other forum(s).<BR><BR>It&#039s almost as bad as those who post their question once per hour because nobody has yet answered them. Sigh. But not quite, at least.<BR><BR>Incidentally, "do not crosspost" is one of the first rules of "netiquette." I didn&#039t make it up on my own.<BR><BR><BR>