ASP and querystrings

Thread: ASP and querystrings

Default ASP and querystrings

Hi, <BR>I am working on a simple ASP page. I am passing a few variables through URL&#039s. Everything looks right to me, but for some reason, I get an error from the browser that it can&#039t open the page I am trying to open.<BR><BR>That error would be from the URL, or the server, wouldn&#039t it? I&#039m thinking it would not be an error in my script. Am I correct to think this? Any help is appreciated.<BR><BR>Here&#039s my example code for a link...<BR>&#060;a href="detail.asp?type=Drink&id=&#060;%=RSObj.Field s("ArticleID")%&#062;"&#062;&#060;% Response.Write(RSObj.Fields("Title")) %&#062;&#060;/a&#062;

Tim Westmoreland Guest

Default RE: ASP and querystrings

Try this:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="detail.asp?type=Drink&id=" & &#060;%= RsObj("ArticleId")%&#062; & "&#062;" & &#060;%= RsObj("Title")%&#062; & "&#060;/a&#062;"

Volker Guest

Default RE: ASP and querystrings

I don&#039t know, why you get this error, I would guess its because of your asp page. But to be sure, you need to show your asp code.<BR>But the answer from Tim is wrong, because you are not trying to write the html with response.write,so - YOUR CALL IS RIGHT!