Bill, U can also look into this question, if u hav

Thread: Bill, U can also look into this question, if u hav

user Guest

Default Bill, U can also look into this question, if u hav

Hi Everyone,<BR>I have already posted this question this morning. But did&#039nt get a reply.<BR>I am working on a home network website where users can publish their homes for sale with Photos.<BR>The photos of the home can be uploaded either from the file system or thro&#039 Kodak Photonet.the uploading process is done by the user when he published his home for sale thro the site.<BR><BR>For those who don&#039t know about Kodak photonet, it&#039s the website where U can publish Ur photos if U choose the Kodak photonet option when developing Ur roll.<BR>the image exists in the kodak&#039s website. <BR><BR>Kodak gives back the image reference something like this:<BR><BR><BR><BR>so, it&#039s been saved in the database in the same format.<BR><BR>Now the problem is , the photos are available in Kodak&#039s website only for 30 days, but our website should have the photos for a longer time.<BR><BR>So, I need to save this image in my local directory.<BR><BR>How do I do this. I have no control over the images in Kodak, it comes as the url mentioned above.<BR><BR>How do I save that image in a local directory something like:<BR><BR>/listing/kodak/house1.jpg<BR><BR>the simnple solution will be to right click on the image and do save as. but the user is doing the uploading process not me. so, they can&#039t do these things.<BR><BR>I don&#039t know if it&#039s a very simple question, but I am new to this.<BR>Any help is appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

Default RE: Bill, U can also look into this question, if u

I don&#039t think you can do this with "pure" ASP, but you should be able to find a third-party component that will let you do it.<BR><BR>You&#039ll have to be able to download the image from the site when the user gives you the URL.<BR><BR>Try SoftwareArtisans or ServerObjects to see if they have a component that will do this for you. Likely one of the two does.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Bill, U can also look into this question, if u

Are you asking if they could upload an image right from your site or do you want to try to copy the file from Kodak?<BR><BR>There are a couple of tools that allow users to upload right from their desktop to your website. SA File-Up and AspUpload are the two most popular. Let me know if you want more info.