Netscape makes me mad

Thread: Netscape makes me mad

Default Netscape makes me mad

My website looks horrible in netscape, it has a black bar around the sidebar and bottom of the page, i use asp to save on code writing(pastes the main part of code in like a template)<BR><BR> what could be wrong top cause this problum in netscape?

sheff Guest

Default RE: Netscape makes me mad

1.Asp does n&#039t support in netscape<BR>2.You can view the source of your asp page by using &#039View&#039.Because IIS will return the asp as html to client and then test!<BR><BR>Best of luck

Steve M Guest

Default correction

Sorry to be a pain. No browsers support ASP. ASP is resolved to raw HTML and client script by a webserver that can interpret ASP. No actual ASP is sent to the browser (if we&#039re doing it right anyway). #2 is a great idea -- view the source and see what is being sent. If your page looks different in one browser vs another, it&#039s because the HTML generated is not compatible.<BR><BR>Views expressed are not necessarily those of my employers.

Default Why does Netscape suck?

Netscape should be sued for the extra development time that they put on companies. And now with Netscape 5 and 6+, they aren&#039t even going to be backward compatible with NS 4. That means we are going to have at least 3 DOMS for a while. <BR><BR>Any code that used, document.layers, and/or the &#060;layer&#062; tag, is not going to work in NS 5, 6+.<BR><BR>How can you not be backward compatible with your own bloody product? Of course you should support the new standard, but you should also figure out a way to support your own previous version. <BR><BR>And I thought it was bad when they used a margin offset and you couldn&#039t align at the top left back in NS3. IDIOTS!!!<BR><BR>John