Provider error ' 80040e4e' , Operation Can

Thread: Provider error ' 80040e4e' , Operation Can

fifthermurf Guest

Default Provider error ' 80040e4e' , Operation Can

I have an ASP that displays a list of Records using the Recordset instance (nothing special). On load everything is fine. But when you click a button (HTML control) on the page to open up a new recordset from a different tabel under the same DSN. Then I get this error.<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80040e4e&#039 <BR>Operation was canceled. <BR>/Miscellaneous/phone_list.asp, line 150 <BR><BR>Here is the line of code<BR>var CONN = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection");<BR> CONN.Open("Phone_List"); ****LINE 150****<BR><BR><BR>The whole thing works fine on my workstation&#039s PWS, but on the NTProductionServer I get the error. MDAC is up to date. And the DB is in Access (nothing special). <BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR>Thanks<BR>fifthermurf<BR>

fifthermurf Guest

Default furthermore....

when I wait for 90 seconds then it works. Is ACCESS doing something funky with my script. I am perfmon - ing it to see if stuff is getting queued, but I dont see and rejections. ?<BR><BR>thanks again

moreandmore Guest

Default RE: furthermore....

You said MDAC was up to date - v2.5?<BR><BR>If you are connecting to Access then you can use the OLE DB native provider instead of ODBC. The MS site reported some issues connecting via ADO-ODBC-JET. Just remove the middle-man.<BR><BR>set myConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>myConnection.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=j:inetpubepluribusepweb.mdb"<BR>SQLQuery = "SELECT * FROM Contacts <BR>set rs = myConnection.Execute(SQLQuery)<BR>response.write(r s("ClientName"))<BR>...

yetsomemore Guest

Default RE: furthermore....

actually the first line of code isn&#039t all there;<BR><BR>set myConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>Tha t should work nicely--

fifthermurf Guest

Default Thanks... Works just great

Yup that is definitely the ticket!<BR><BR>I will surely be revamping some of my code to accomodate that!<BR>Thanks again

Default RE: Thanks... Works just great

No problem...