updating a table

Thread: updating a table

Default updating a table

I&#039m having trouble updating directly within a table. I understand how to use the update method for a recordset object. but how do I update a table that has several records. any help would be appreciated. thx scott

Default RE: updating a table

Check out:<BR><BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/082699-1.shtml<BR><BR>It is an article on creating a generic database insert script. It isn&#039t exactly what you&#039re looking for, since it deals with inserts, but should help.<BR><BR>Now, I assume you are doing something like:<BR><BR>objRS.Open TableName, ConnectionObject, adForwardOnly, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>just do:<BR><BR>objRS("ColumnName1") = Value1<BR>objRS("ColumnName2") = Value2<BR>...<BR>objRS("ColumnNameN") = ValueN<BR>objRS.Update<BR><BR>Happy Programming!<BR><BR>

Default RE: updating a table

thx scott I should of let you know that I&#039m a newbie at this, but I have no problem referencing a single record from a table and updating it. For instance a user selects from a table of records one particular record through the field "doc_num" opening a details page then updating that record. What I really want to try and do is have a table of records where only one columne of a field is able to be updated then submited. thx again for your time. <BR>scottb