Changing application variables

Thread: Changing application variables

Default Changing application variables

Hi, I have set several application variables using global.asa which contain the DSN&#039s of the databases that I&#039m accessing.<BR><BR>The databases have been renamed (as have their DSN&#039s) and I have changed the variables in global.asa to reflect the changes but the application variables don&#039t seem to reflect the changes. I realise that starting and stopping the web server will reset the application variables and solve my problem, but is there a way to change application variables that were set with global.asa without stopping and starting the web server?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Rod<BR>

Default RE: Changing application variables

Not if they are in the Application_OnStart area of the global.asa.<BR><BR><BR>Well, I take that back, you could write a "dummy" page that changes thier values, and pull this up in a browser. Just make sure you have the global.asa ones also changed, because the next time the server reboots / or IIS restarts, you don&#039t want them to go back to what they were.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry