Message boxes?

Thread: Message boxes?

Default Message boxes?

Is there any way to make a message box appear, say if one of the fields on a form is blank, it will alert them with a message box in vbscript? I can do it with javascript, but I know very little about it. I wanted the script to read one field, sort of with an instring function so that I can see if the field has one particular word in it. If it does, then the user is supposed to enter info in another field on the form. I wanted the script to read that initial field, if it does have the particular word and if the other field is blank, then to have a message box appear with some message. Can this be done with vbscript?<BR><BR>Thank you!!

mahler Guest

Default RE: Message boxes?

Well,<BR><BR>you are having a classic case of server vs client side scripting.<BR><BR>for what you are doing, you can either have a page prior and pass the variable or you can use javascript, you could use vbscript i imagine, but you would have to make round trips to the server to check stuff out, at least that is what i would believe, in which case frames might be the solution (or problem)<BR><BR>When asking if it is possible, remember you can do anything, it is only software.