Basic Input Problem !

Thread: Basic Input Problem !

Default Basic Input Problem !

I have personal web server installed and this is my code to input into an access database:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Dim objRec<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set objRec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>objC onn.Open "FILEDSN=rddata.dsn"<BR>objRec.Open "Staff_Details", objConn<BR><BR>objRec.AddNew<BR>objRec("Surname")= Request.Form("Surname")<BR>objRec("Forename(s)")=R equest.Form("Forename(s)")<BR>objRec("Title")=Requ est.Form("Title")<BR>objRec("School/ Department")=Request.Form("School/ Department")<BR>objRec("Section/Centre/Unit")=Request.Form("Section/Centre/Unit")<BR>objRec.Update<BR><BR>Response.Write "Record Added to Database"<BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>T he error message I get is :<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/input/input.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>Please Help Me

Default RE: Basic Input Problem !

You&#039re getting this error because you didn&#039t specify a cursor type & the default was used. The default forward-only cursor type does not provide an updateable recordset. For more info on cursor types & how to code them:<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/112998-1.shtml