Connections crashing

Thread: Connections crashing

Default Connections crashing

I run two databases on my site. All goes well for weeks. Then twice now the databases go down - at pecisely the same time. I get an error message like<BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>Cannot open database &#039&#039. It may not be a database that your application<BR>recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.<BR><BR>/DatabaseConnect.asp, line 12<BR><BR>(obviously slightly different for the second database)...<BR><BR>This has happened twice in six weeks. After a number of hours the error corrects, without me or my host doing anything. My host doesnt know what&#039s going wrong, and his best guess is that since I am running Access 97 and he is better at hosting Access 2000...<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR><BR>

jason Guest

Default RE: Connections crashing

it used to happen to me on my old host. no-one knew why then either. I used to have to back the file up all the time and hope. try downloading it, running repair from the odbc manager and uploading it again. trouble with that is you may lose some data.<BR><BR>jason<BR>