Problem with inserting into a database

Thread: Problem with inserting into a database

Tony Guest

Default Problem with inserting into a database

Hi I have a problem with inserting new data into my database. I have been working with Access 97 in the past and now working with the Upgrade of Access 2000 and for some reason I&#039ve been having problems. I&#039m getting this error message when I try to insert and update the table in my database:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>/jobs/clientDB.asp, line 98 <BR><BR>Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance<BR><BR>-Tony<BR>

Tony Guest

Default RE: Problem with inserting into a database

Actually I fixed that problem it was because I forgot to include file (again, like usual) but everything should be ok now but I am still getting an error message:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039 800a0411&#039 <BR><BR>Name redefined <BR><BR>/jobs/, line 14 <BR><BR>Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0<BR>------^<BR><BR>Any suggestions about what is wrong would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.<BR><BR>-Tony<BR>