Brackets in a SQL script from MS 7.0 to 6.5 db

Thread: Brackets in a SQL script from MS 7.0 to 6.5 db

Default Brackets in a SQL script from MS 7.0 to 6.5 db

I have a table in SQL Server 7.0 that I have scripted out that I would like to now use to script out a new table on a box that uses SQL Server 6.5. The SQL script from 7.0 contains brackets - and 6.5 won&#039t accept the script with brackets: <BR><BR>Line 6: Incorrect syntax near &#039[&#039. <BR><BR>Is there anything similar in 6.5 that would allow me to use this schema/script:? <BR><BR>Thanks for the assistance. <BR><BR>Alan

Default RE: Brackets in a SQL script from MS 7.0 to 6.5 db

Show us the script. It may be as simple as just removing the brackets! :)

Scott:<BR><BR>Thanks for the reply. Here are just 3 examples; in 7.0, naturally, these work, but I need to use these on a 6.5 box also:<BR><BR>[Updating & Deleting] bit NULL,<BR>[Adding] bit NULL,<BR>[Morning/Evening] bit NULL<BR><BR>I have 30 columns similar in structure to the above.<BR><BR>Thanks again, Alan

I don&#039t think SQL 6.5 supports all those special characters for column names (i.e. the space, the ampersand). I recommend naming columns without using spaces or special characters. There may be a way that SQL 6.5 can handle such characters, but I do not know of the way.<BR><BR>Sorry... :(