Access Query Error. What's the prob. ?

Thread: Access Query Error. What's the prob. ?

Default Access Query Error. What's the prob. ?

UNqryVar = Request.Form("UserName")<BR><BR>SQLprof = "SELECT * FROM UserInfo WHERE user_name =&#039& UNqryVar &&#039"<BR><BR>I&#039m using the UNqryVar to select a username so I can display that users info, but when the script executes I get this error.<BR><BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current<BR>record. <BR><BR>I know the value is being transfered via the form, but I don&#039t think I&#039m calling it properly in the SQL statement that&#039s why it says BOF / EOF. There&#039s nothing there to query. If anyone know s the proper syntax please let me know.<BR><BR>Thanks

MChance Guest

Default RE: Access Query Error. What's the prob. ?

Your query string is missing a couple "<BR><BR>SQLprof = "SELECT * FROM UserInfo WHERE user_name =&#039" & UNqryVar & "&#039"<BR><BR>You got the error because no records were being returned and you were attempting to operate on an empty record set.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Mark Chance