Problems with the Request Object

Thread: Problems with the Request Object

Bill J Guest

Default Problems with the Request Object

I&#039ve had some working pages up for a while now that use the Request("Blah") syntax, now though some of these pages generate errors on any line that uses this syntax. Now i&#039ve come up with a workaround, Request.QueryString("Blah") or Request.Form("Blah"), but there is an extensive amount of code that is using this. It currently runs on IIS 4.0, does anyone have a clue why it is doing this and how to stop it, also it only happens in certain directories...<BR><BR>Bill J

Default RE: Problems with the Request Object

You don&#039t say what *kind* of errors, but maybe this excerpt from the MS docs will help you (or maybe not):<BR><BR>********************<BR><BR>All variables can be accessed directly by calling Request(variable) without the collection name. In this case, the Web server searches the collections in the following order. <BR><BR>QueryString <BR>Form <BR>Cookies <BR>ClientCertificate <BR>ServerVariables <BR><BR>If a variable with the same name exists in more than one collection, the Request object returns the first instance [in the above order] that the object encounters.<BR><BR>

Bill J Guest

Default RE: Problems with the Request Object

Essentially I get:<BR><BR>error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>/path/filename.asp, line #<BR><BR>As you can see this isn&#039t exactly helpful. Also the same pages were using Request("blah") before just fine... I come into work one day and suddenly I get this error wherever I don&#039t specify the collection.<BR><BR>While I&#039m currently regoing through a massive amount of code fixing this I&#039d muchrather know why it&#039s doing it and fix it there...<BR><BR>Bill J