ODBC connection problem - 80004005

Thread: ODBC connection problem - 80004005

Russell Bosworth Guest

Default ODBC connection problem - 80004005

Hello,<BR><BR>I am trying to connect to an Access97 database on a separate NT4 Server via ODBC. The directory on the NT server has full access to everybody but when the ASP script attempts to use the ODBC connection the following error is returned:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>Can anyone help with this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Russell

Default RE: ODBC connection problem - 80004005

This is a common error with Access so don&#039t feel bad, we&#039ve all been there. What&#039s most likely happening is that Access has locked up a table or tables because another user is accessing those table(s); an end-user could have this open via a DSN connection and web page or may have accesed it explicity through Access. So make sure you personally close out of all the tables before running the asp and also make sure no one else has the db loaded. If this fails you must configure the database to handle multiuser connections. I had a much easier time creating a stable VB application that used Access 2000 as a backend than I did creating a web application. I imagine Access 97 is even worse. <BR><BR>Good Luck,<BR><BR>bart<BR><BR>ps - this really isn&#039t a component question, but a db question