Using SMTP service of Exchange (and not IIS)

Thread: Using SMTP service of Exchange (and not IIS)

Default Using SMTP service of Exchange (and not IIS)

Hello everyone!<BR><BR>My problem is this:<BR>I got a separate IIS Server. CDONTS works quite fine. I have a form, sends the contents of the form to VBscript, VBScript uses CDONTS, VBScript sends email, everything is working fine.<BR><BR>But when I transferred the IIS server to the computer where Exchange server also resides, this error occurs: <BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039CreateObject&#039 <BR>/send.asp, line 37 <BR><BR>-----------------<BR> <BR>send.asp, line 37 is:<BR><BR>Set objNewMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>-----------------<BR><BR>Any solutions in mind, smart guys and gals?<BR><BR>Thankkkkssssssssssssssss!<BR>Melanie

stephen betts Guest

Default RE: Using SMTP service of Exchange (and not IIS)

I think you need to install and register the CDONTS object which may or maynot have been installed with exchange<BR><BR>Q214667 suggests you may not have had ie4 on when exchange was installed ?<BR>Q235681 suggest that you should install and then disable the smtp service under the option pack<BR>