Making a friendly visual interface

Thread: Making a friendly visual interface

Tanvi Guest

Default Making a friendly visual interface

In a Web site how one can make all pages visually easy to trace out or give an indication in which topic/page users are in. certain sites if we keep on browsing ,we may some times feel that where are we now?Coming to good visual interfaces I like interface.In each and every page at the top(may be the contents of header include file)a series of tabs will be there.if I click BOOKS then the color of the books tab changes to different color different to rest of the how ever deep i keep browsing in books I know ,looking at the color of the books tab,that Iam in Books section.<BR>Can any body explain how one can do this?A small sample code would be really hepful for me.It may invove lot of explanation etc.But ,some body please help me to get it.<BR>Thanks <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Making a friendly visual interface

hey tanvi, yours is a very generic question, i would say the use <BR>of include files make the code of an ASP appln very componentized, this informing user of his present location et al<BR>is a design issue and while designing you can incporate these ideas implementing them is very easy.<BR><BR>From ASP context, you track the user&#039s URL and based on thast display at particular navig bar.<BR><BR>i hope this answer meets your expectations.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Making a friendly visual interface

Why don&#039t you right click on the sites that you like and see how they are doing it?<BR>i.e. if they are using graphics, include files, etc...<BR>If you want to find out if they are using include files view the source through Netscape Navigator, that will give you the names of the include files which you can then look at individually.<BR>Other than that use your imagination and try asking the same question on a site that has message boards for graphic designers or web designers, you might get a better response (I&#039ve noticed that you are posting this question on this message board day after day)<BR>Anyway good luck with what you are doing you will find a way!