How to retrieve msg which is entered in textarea?

Thread: How to retrieve msg which is entered in textarea?

Marie Guest

Default How to retrieve msg which is entered in textarea?

In textarea, the msgs are with "enter" key. For example,<BR>"<BR> This is a test!<BR> 123<BR> 567<BR>"<BR><BR>But after using request.form, the result is <BR>This is a test! 123 567<BR><BR>It became a sentence instead of the format with enter keys.

wundurgurl Guest

Default RE: How to retrieve msg which is entered in textarea?

The easy way is to put &#060;pre>&#060;/pre> tags around it.<BR><BR>Otherwise you have to replace carriage return (chr(13)) with a &#060;P>. How you do that would depend on what kind of programming you were using.

Here is a code snipet I used to accompish this:<BR>&#060;% Function FormatStr(String)<BR> on Error resume next<BR> String = Replace(String, CHR(13), "")<BR> String = Replace(String, CHR(10) & CHR(10), "&#060;/P>&#060;P>")<BR> String = Replace(String, CHR(10), "<BR>")<BR> FormatStr = String<BR>End Function &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>then:<BR>&#060;%=formatStr(rs. Fields("Access_Memo_Field"))&#037;&#062;

Isabelle Guest

hi, <BR>I was tackling the same problem,<BR>this works, but then I have to give 2 hard returns in my textarea!<BR>Are you srue this is the function you use? <BR>chr(13) chr(10) & chr(10) chr(10)?<BR>

Default Correction to Code snippet

Seems when I posted to this forum.. that it took out my HTML BR tag.... the code below should work for you .. but you will need to change the [BR] to the proper HTML BR tag &#060; BR >...<BR><BR>&#060;% Function FormatStr(String)<BR>on Error resume next<BR>String = Replace(String, CHR(13), "")<BR>String = Replace(String, CHR(10) & CHR(10), "&#060;/P>&#060;P>")<BR>String = Replace(String, CHR(10), "[BR]")<BR>FormatStr = String<BR>End Function &#037;&#062;<BR><BR>