uploading apps on free domains

Thread: uploading apps on free domains

shino Guest

Default uploading apps on free domains

is it possible to upload and execute applications which use application variables in the global.asa file on domains which provide free space with asp support. <BR>someone told me it is not possible, u &#039ve to register for that,<BR>please let me know the solution to this problem as soon as possible.

Markkk Guest

Default RE: uploading apps on free domains

I am not sure if I fully understand your problem....I will attempt to answer anyway.....<BR><BR>If you desire to serve ASP pages on domains that "provide free space with asp support", you must ask the following question:<BR><BR>Will your "free space" have its own seperate and unique "ASP Application", or is it part of some generic ASP Application that is running for the benefit of many system users, like yourself?<BR><BR>If the "free space" has its own seperate and unique "ASP Application", then you should have full control to the global.asa file, including any Applicatioin Variables.<BR><BR>If the "free space" is part of some generic ASP Application, and you don&#039t have control of the global.asa file, then you may not have knowledge of Application variables defined in the global.asa file. If the hosting domain tells you of any specific Application variables, you should be able to use them. However, they may setup certain Application variables that they may not want you to use.<BR><BR>If you can get your own unique ASP Application setup when you get your "free space", then you will have full control of all your Application Variables.<BR><BR>I hope this helps.