Doubts regarding execution of an ASP page.

Thread: Doubts regarding execution of an ASP page.

LALITHA Guest

Default Doubts regarding execution of an ASP page.

Hi, <BR>When I try to execute my ASP PAGE, THEN the following error is <BR>encountered, <BR>Cannot find included file Program files/comman files/system/ado/adovbs.inc <BR><BR>I have not used any number constants in my asp file. All I have used is recordset object.Should I still include the adovbs.inc file? <BR>Also, even though i included the file in asp, the error is still there. <BR>also, the adovbs.inc is actually present in my c drive. <BR>I also put the adovbs.inc file in the web server directory.But no use. Also, my first asp page is calling a 2nd asp page, should i include adovbs in that asp too. <BR>Help, <BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Default RE: Doubts regarding execution of an ASP page.

I&#039d suggest you read the article:<BR><BR>The Low-Down on #includes<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/080199-1.shtml<BR><BR>Try doing this. Copy ADOVBS.inc to your wwwroot directory. Then, in your ASP pages that need to use ADOVBS.inc (and only those that use ADO constants, such as adOpenStatic, or adLockOptimistic) should have the line:<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="/adovbs.inc"--&#062;<BR><BR>at the top of the page...