database connection

Thread: database connection

hugh welford Guest

Default database connection

i am trying to connect to an access database "globaldata" <BR>i am running PWS under win95 - <BR>using regedit find, i can locate entry "ADODB.connection" in the registry. OLEview finds Microsoft ActiveX Data Library (ver 1.5)<BR><BR>my .asp file contains the instruction :-<BR>set objconn = server.createobject ("ADODB.connection")<BR><BR>which returns the following error message :-<BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 8002801d&#039 <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR>/onlinedit5/new_page_2.asp, line 15 <BR>8002801d <BR><BR>no doubt i have missed something fundamental<BR>can anyone help?<BR>thanks in advance

Default RE: database connection

Have you made sure that there exists an entry for the database that you are connecting to in the "ODBC Datasources" in your Control Panel? The only other thing that I can think of, looking at your code, is that you may want to capitalize the line like this:<BR>set objconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"). This is probably more a cosmetic change than anything, but I&#039m used to using case-sensitive languages, so it&#039s something you can try.