ASP connections to ODBC (DNS) databases - errors

Thread: ASP connections to ODBC (DNS) databases - errors

Chris Snalam Guest

Default ASP connections to ODBC (DNS) databases - errors

IIS4.0 SP6a MDAC2.5<BR>My ISP has recently started hosting a busy site that uses ASP to call a ODBC database, the ASP looks ok, closes the database. Unfortunately we are getting theProvider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>Unspecified error <BR>/home.asp, line 3 (or whatever line is opening the database)<BR>This also effected other sites we host using ASP to call databases, once we ran the sites in their own memory spaces the errors we received stopped straight away. This memory space option is a hack and I would prefer to sort the issue out, ideas kicked around were some kind of limit on the number of simultaneous connections ODBC could handle etc etc<BR>Performance monitor indicates no undue stress on the server when these errors occur, just ASP errors.<BR>Any ideas/help would be much appreciated,<BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>Chris Snalam<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP connections to ODBC (DNS) databases - erro

Not sure if the error comes from calling the DSN entry, or just the opening of the db.<BR><BR>Most hosts I know do something like charge 10$-20$ per DSN entry, forcing webmasters to use DBQ, since they don&#039t want all of a sudden 50 bills for DSN&#039s they aren&#039t using sent to the client.