Cannot Update

Thread: Cannot Update

Jon Oskar Erlendsson Guest

Default Cannot Update

I&#039m trying to write to an Access database using rs.AddNew and rs.Update. The error I&#039m getting is: <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update.<BR>Database or object is read-only.<BR><BR>

Markkk Guest

Default RE: Cannot Update

This may or may not be your problem, but it&#039s worth a check....<BR><BR>Make sure that IIS has appropriate NTFS permissions to CHANGE the database file. If you are using Anonymous Authentication for your ASP page, the the default IIS user is probably the IUSR_MachineName account. Make sure that this NTFS Acount has NTFS permissions to READ and CHANGE the database file.<BR><BR>Also, because Access uses a locking file (*.ldb), you must make sure that the default IIS Account (IUSR_MachineName) has appropriate NTFS permissions to CREATE a locking file in the datbase directory.<BR><BR>Also, you may want to check and make sure that you are using the proper ODBC Driver for your database.<BR><BR>I hope this helps.<BR><BR>