Lost Data on update

Thread: Lost Data on update

ringo1 Guest

Default Lost Data on update

Hi there<BR>I&#039m Having problems on any data returned from the data base.<BR>I have made several update forms to update records, however when the information is returned to the form not all the data arrives (and before you ask the records are there with data in them).<BR><BR>Basically if the value is say "andy@b-com.co.uk" (without the quotes) there is no problem because there is no white space in the value.<BR>However if the data to be returned was "Andy is having problems with updates" (without the quotes) all that is returned is "Andy" (without the quotes). What seems to be happening is the value is chopped after any white spaces in the value coming back from the database. The data is returned to a form with standard text boxes.<BR>Bit of a newbie myself, however trying hard to understand I have a few good books that have helped and of course the 4Guys site has been invaluable thanks 4Guys.<BR><BR>Cheers for any help you can offer<BR><BR>ringo1<BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: Lost Data on update

I am going to assume you are using Access?<BR><BR>In your access database for each table field check the bottom for the allowed size. If you have it set to soemthing like 10 - access will only take the first 10 characters of the value you are trying to submit.<BR><BR>That is the only thing I can think of that would be causing that.