Error 800a01b6

Thread: Error 800a01b6

Christiaan Guest

Default Error 800a01b6

Ok this is a piece of the code. It&#039s a forum which I&#039ve downloaded from the internet. I&#039ve installed different forums but I got the same error with all the forum&#039s. Is it a problem on my server?<BR><BR>This is the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01b6&#039 <BR><BR>Object doesn&#039t support this property or method: &#039rs&#039 <BR><BR>/forum/default.asp, line 58 <BR><BR><BR>This is the code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>if IsEmpty(Session("last_here_date")) then<BR>Session("last_here_date") = ReadLastHereDate(Request.Cookies("User")("Name"))< BR>end if<BR><BR>set rs1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>&#03 9## Forum_SQL<BR>strSql = "SELECT " & strTablePrefix & "TOTALS.P_COUNT, " & strTablePrefix & "TOTALS.T_COUNT, " & strTablePrefix & "TOTALS.U_COUNT "<BR>strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "TOTALS"<BR><BR> strSql, my_Conn<BR><BR>Users = rs1("U_COUNT")<BR>Topics = rs1("T_COUNT")<BR>Posts = rs1("P_COUNT")<BR><BR>rs1.Close<BR>set rs1 = nothing<BR><BR>&#039## Forum_SQL - Get all Forums From DB<BR>strSql = "SELECT " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY.CAT_ID, " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY.CAT_STATUS, " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY.CAT_NAME "<BR>strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY "<BR>strSql = strSql & " ORDER BY " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY.CAT_NAME ASC;"<BR><BR>set rs = my_Conn.Execute (strSql) -----&#062; this is line 58<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR><BR>Thanx for your help!<BR>Christiaan.

Default RE: Error 800a01b6

Two possibilities: (1) my_Conn isn&#039t a connection object. You would think it is, based on the code that opens the other recordset, higher up, but it might simply be a string connection name. Show us the code where it is opened, please?<BR><BR>(2) ASP is sometimes off one or two lines in its error reporting, so show us the next few lines *after* the line 58 you showed us? Or, better, put a <BR>Response.Write "after the Set RS&#060;P&#062;"<BR>just after that Set RS = ... to find out whether or not you really are getting past it.<BR><BR>And, in any case, put a <BR>Response.Write "strSQL is " & strSQL & "&#060;P&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR>just *before* the Set RS line, just to be sure the SQL looks good. (Though even bad SQL should not produce the error msg you are seeing.)<BR><BR>The error message would *seem* to indicate that it is trying to execute a method on the RS object, not on the my_Conn, but (again) ASP error messages aren&#039t all that reliable.<BR><BR>