CDO Errors under Win2k

Thread: CDO Errors under Win2k

Default CDO Errors under Win2k

I was going to test CDONTS on a new box but ran into a problem. This is a Win2000 Server. I verified that cdonts.dll is on the and registered. The error is as follows:<BR><BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)<BR>Permission denied<BR>/email.asp, line 7<BR><BR><BR>Browser Type:<BR>Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0) <BR><BR>Page:<BR>GET /email.asp <BR><BR><BR>The code is:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objMail.F rom= ""<BR>objMail.To="scalbert@f"<BR>objMail.Subject="Testing CDO"<BR>objMail.Body="This is a test mail using CDO"<BR>objMail.Send<BR>Set objMail = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I am unsure what the &#039Permission Denied&#039 statement comes from. Any ideas??<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Steve

Default RE: CDO Errors under Win2k

Perhpas IIS needs to be setup a bit more? Have you verified that the SMTP server is fully setup? IIS v5.0 is a bit different than 4.0 in it&#039s operation.<BR><BR>BTW: How did you get IIS to return so much information to your browser? On mine IE 5 only shows the "HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error", I need to load the page in Netscape to see the standard error message that tells me what line the asp page cacked on! I&#039ve tried various IIS setting to return info to no avail...